Saturday, April 16, 2011

More Hospital Moments!

Saturday I had a pretty steady stream of visitors. Ben went home to take Daniel to another Saturday Nature Class (they had a LOT of fun!), so Grandma Cheryl and Aunt Christina came in the morning to keep me company and help me out with Annabel. It was great to have their company and help for a few hours! Grandma Mary Kay and Grandpa Larry came for their baby fix after lunch- more resting time for me again! My friends, Wendy and Coreen, both also came to meet Annabel...so we had quite the revolving door, but I loved it!

And after a busy morning and afternoon with Daniel, Ben came back to the hospital bearing flowers! My favorites- Gerbera Daisies! Ben and I were also given a "celebration dinner"- complete with a rose, sparkling grape juice, a fairly decent dinner (we chose chicken parmesan and filet mignon), and the yummiest chocolate eclairs! Annabel slept right through it all!

I have to say, too, that so far, recovering from the c-section has been a little easier this time around. For one thing, I was SO dopey after Daniel's birth that I remember very little about my time in the hospital- and I HATE that. I remember being very sleepy, barely able to keep my eyes open, and barely able to make sentences. I MADE SURE that this time was different- I wanted different meds for sure! And that really helped a lot! I also felt great after Annabel's delivery was done- that was unexpected, but wonderful. And the doctors and nurses are all amazed at how quickly I was able to get back on my feet and move around comfortably, too. Really, this whole time was so different all around and I'm SO thankful! We shall see how things go once I get home though- I do have to remind myself to take it easy and not overdo it.

Enjoy more pictures from another day at the hospital...our last one! We go home tomorrow (Sunday)!!! I'm SO ready to be home and see my little boy again- oh, how I miss him! I really need to see my little boy...like you wouldn't believe.

I'm loving my snuggles with Annabel!



I love, love, LOVE Annabel's facial expressions! Check them out!





Oh I could stare into those beautiful eyes ALL day long!


Time for a stroll around the halls


A very relaxed Annabel


A very alert Annabel...at midnight, too!

No comments: