Saturday, August 24, 2013

In Theaters Now: Planes!

We had been waiting and waiting, and the day finally came...Disney's Planes movie arrived in theaters! It was the perfect movie to take Daniel to for a Mommy/Daniel date, Daniel's 2nd movie ever in a theater (his first was Cars 2, back in 2011). We are very lucky to have Uncle Brian be able to get us in for free, too- Thank you, Uncle Brian!! Brian was also able to score part of the Planes movie theater display for us, which the kids just love (pics below!)- it sits in our family room and keeps us company! Brian also managed to find a Planes movie poster, which he gave us while we were seeing the movie; Daniel thought it was pretty cool that he got to see the movie and walk out with a poster. We found a large movie poster frame this weekend and plan to get it hung up somewhere in Daniel's room.

Anyway, we had a great time at the movies. We went the night Annabel turned 28 months (another reason for my delayed but pretend-on-time monthly Minnie picture and post, ahem)- so about a couple weeks ago, not even one week after the movie was released. The theater was not busy at all, which was really nice- maybe 10 families total, so no complaints. Daniel had to sit on the edge of his seat, because he weighs so little the seat would pop up if he scooted back (my parents always said I was the same way when I saw movies in theaters at a young age!). But he was fine this way and sat and intently watched like this for most of the movie. Of course he enjoyed some popcorn! The previews were a little long- after about 20 minutes of previews (one of which made Daniel really belly laugh- super cute, I love his laugh! It was the trailer for Frozen), Daniel asked when the movie would start. I didn't blame him- I was wondering the same thing! When the movie finally started, the intro was a dizzying "dream" of Dusty Crophopper's (the main character) where he was flying and tilting this way and that way- I was watching Daniel and he was literally tilting his body this way and that way as if he was the one flying the plane, I thought this was so cute! There were only about five minutes in the middle of the movie where Daniel's attention really started to roam, but mostly, he did really watch it and he did enjoy the movie. He sat in my lap for the last half hour of the movie, which I loved. A good snuggle while watching a movie- made my day! And I think I made his day taking him out to a movie before bedtime! He loved that it was just the two of us, too! That was super special to him. He told me immediately afterward that he wants to see the movie in that theater again and again! So clearly, it was a hit with him!

And now of course we're collecting "eye planes" from the Planes movie just as much as we're still collecting "eye cars" from the Cars movie!! Daniel still plays with all his eye cars (Cars movie cars have eyes, as opposed to Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars which don't) just about every day. We've loved finding more and more unique eye cars to add to his collection, since they are still making new ones. And yes, Daniel still calls them "eye cars"- he has since he could talk pretty much! I love it.




No comments: