Thursday, November 10, 2016

Halloween 2016!

Halloween was a BLAST this year! Annabel was Fancy Nancy and Daniel was a First Order Stormtrooper. (Note: the "First Order" bit was important- he's not just a "stormtrooper" he's a first order stormtrooper- and yes, there's a difference, though I'm hard pressed to tell what it is! I'm sure the boys in my family are horrified at this!) The kids had 4 opportunities to wear their costumes which was a lot of fun! And, yes, I made their trick or treat bags! I had such fun putting costumes together this year! Check out all the fun!

Saturday:
So first we had (no, first, we had Annabel's last soccer game, then we came home, changed and flew to...) Bella's Halloween Party! We had a great time playing games there and seeing our cousins all dressed up. I'm really glad we were able to make it to this party! (It should be noted that after this party, we went home, changed again, and flew, again, to yet another party- this time a birthday party for Daniel's best friend, Manny, who has just the nicest extended family- we had a great time there, too!) We sure got lucky with such great weather that day- we enjoyed it all day long at all our events!



















Sunday:
Sunday we had our neighborhood association's Halloween Parade, complete with police leading us- lights flashing, sirens blaring, and all! So fun! You'll notice that this time we remembered Annabel's boa and also she didn't want to wear the wig (it was tight and itchy- I didn't blame her too much!). It was actually chilly this morning, so the kids were pretty done as soon as we finished the loop around our neighborhood. We grabbed our snacks and headed home to eat them, get our pumpkin carving done, and finish "fancying up" Annabel's trick or treat bag! 







Monday:
Halloween Day finally arrived! The kids were pretty excited. I was, too! And I even had a costume for Annabel's American Girl doll- she was Fancy Nancy, too! It was too cute and such a fun surprise for Annabel! I was able to help out at Annabel's class Halloween Party that afternoon. First, we helped the kids put on their costumes (Annabel wore her wig this time, but not the boa. Go figure.) and then the kids did their parade. Both grandmas and Daddy came to see the parade, too. Then I had a lot of fun with Annabel's class at the party- brought back memories of teaching Kindergarten. (But I am finding more and more lately that I am not in a rush to get back in the classroom- not just yet!) After school was out, we headed home to relax, keep busy (waiting is hard!), and finally start answering our door to trick or treaters, and then finally join the trick or treaters when our friends arrived! The kids were all dressed and ready to go (again! although no wig again for Annabel and the boa lasted about two houses!).

The kids had a BLAST trick or treating with their friends Manny and Abby this year! We made it about five houses away and then my camera up and died, dead dead dead, like I need a new camera dead. Ugh! Ooh- I was pretty upset. But then again, it all looks the same after a few houses! I would have liked a group picture of the kids and their friends, but alas...another time. The kids were too excited to stay still for two seconds anyway- they ran from house to house and LOVED announcing to us what candy they got. We were out there almost two hours! I was so surprised at that, though I'm not sure why- they could have kept going even! But gosh it was such nice weather, on the warmer side of cool, such that no coats or gloves were needed for the kids. And we just had the best time. It was fun to be out when it got dark, too- we're usually home before dark on Halloween, but not this year. The kids enjoyed using glow sticks while trick or treating! Anyway, such a fun Halloween day all around!!







No comments: