Because Annabel turned 6 in April, that opened so many doors to many more classes she could take and one of those was pottery! She was SO excited to take this pottery class and she LOVED every minute of it. It was so fun to see her excitement and listen to her describe what she made and how she made it. This is a class she definitely wants to do again! This girl definitely loves art.
Daniel was interested in trying out the wood carving class and he eagerly went to each session and worked on many really cool wooden plaque carvings, some of which also utilized wood burning techniques as well. His projects all turned out awesome!
My home is filled with so many awesome art projects now! We had a great time finding homes for everything. The first time Daniel brought home a finished project, I immediately ran down to my basement stash and found a plate stand to mount it on (he was adamant we not hang it, he didn't want us to do anything to it so that it could be hung, that's okay, we could work with it as just a plaque) and when I brought that plate stand up and put it together with his apple carving- his face lit up. I'll never forget that look of pride on his beaming face- it was just precious. Annabel brought all her projects home at the end of all her pottery sessions (they all had to be fired and painted and they did that in the last weeks of class), and she had a great time doing a big reveal for us all after that last class. And she had very definite ideas of where I could put things, too.
I'm just so proud of my kids for trying new art classes!!
I remembered my camera the second week of Annabel's pottery class! Phew. I loved that her class was in a real pottery studio- it was awesome. This week her class made a canister with a lid.
Annabel made two flowers this week.
The teachers complimented Annabel on how hard she focused and worked on making this peacock this week- it was so wonderful to hear!
Daniel's 1st wood carving- an apple! Isn't it GREAT?!
Annabel's big reveal!
This is a bird in a nest. I just LOVE this project!
And she made it a bluebird- one my faves!
Here's the canister!
One of her flowers.
Another flower.
Ta-da! All her projects. The red canister was a "freebie" she said for when she had extra time, something she could take that was already made by somebody else and paint it and then keep.
Annabel's beautiful peacock! We put it on the fireplace mantel and it looks great up there!
Daniel also made many sports themed plaques- here's the Bulls project!
He also made a Cubs plaque, too.
All of Annabel's smaller projects together!
And then just because I can- I will toot my own horn. I also took a one day art class in May and I had a blast! It was an "oil painting in a day" class (class went from 9-4 with a lunch break). The instructor had sketched out the picture beforehand and then taught us how to use the oil paints and the different colors to complete the painting. So fun! I love how my picture turned out! I still have to frame it and decide where it will be hung. I would love to take another one of these classes sometime.


No comments:
Post a Comment