The first weekend in May brought us really nice spring weather, finally! We took the kids to the Arboretum to get out get fresh air and move around. They wanted to visit the fallen tree we discovered in the snow a while back (March 1st post) so we did that first. It was strange to see the tree with no snow- it looked somehow smaller than we all remembered. I loved noticing the seasonal differences.
Then we wandered the Children's Garden so Daniel and Annabel could have their fun getting wet in the rock river and in the newly redone pond by boardwalk (it used to be the tadpole pond, but it's not anymore- I think it's maybe dragonflies now). The kids also had a blast doing the treehouse rope bridges, too, as always. I had dragged them to the arboretum with the idea of oh we'll stay for an hour and I'll be happy, but we ended up staying over two hours! It was wonderful! And as we walked around the big pond toward the parking lot, Annabel saw rocks she wanted to perch on and have me take pictures of her. Then she wanted me in the picture, too. Then Daniel wanted to sketch the pond in his notebook. It was one thing after another and I loved following the kids' inspirations.
So- super fun outing all around!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment