Friday, December 27, 2024

Christmas with Family 2024

For Christmas Eve, we went to Grandma Mary Kay's house, as always. After a lovely dinner (Brad, Rose and Gwen are in town, too!!), we took them all to see the Winter Lights Festival a few towns over, like we did last year. New tradition unlocked- and it's my favorite! It's the BEST little walk among pretty displays of Christmas lights. SO fun!






After Christmas morning on our own bright and early, we spent the rest of the morning at Grandma Mary Kay's house. Gwen helped everyone open their presents. It was fun to have her energy for Christmas morning! 

 

Annabel got her much coveted Owala water bottle! She's very excited to have it!  

Daniel is taking photography class next semester and Grandma Mary Kay and Grandpa Larry got him a camera for class. Daniel was very excited! 

Next up- Christmas at Grandma Cheryl's!! We ate lunch here and did presents. It's busier here with so many people, but the bustle and family time and present opening is all so fun, I love the festivity of it all. I never seem to take nearly as many pictures here because there's so much going on, but we really do have so much fun. I did dearly miss Christina's family this Christmas, I was so sad she wasn't going to be there, but I really couldn't dwell on it because the tears just came so easily. And I knew we'd celebrate with them when they were all healthy, in a few days' time. We still had a nice Christmas and I'm really glad for the time with my brother's family- we could focus on them a little better this way and that was nice, too. We also enjoyed our time with Aunt Jackie! I'm so glad she's always here at this time of year.


Annabel got a very pretty letter A necklace from Grandma Cheryl. It's really very nice. Annabel LOVES it!


Another hoodie- this one much coveted! From Dandy and it's SO comfy and soft and fluffy and oversized. Just the way Annabel likes them! 



And that's a wrap on Christmas 2024!!

Overall, in spite of a few frustrations for me, Christmas was filled with lots of family wins, big and small, here and there sprinkled all throughout and I choose to focus on those moments. Because I do dearly love Christmastime and I SO love my family. 

No comments: