Friday, September 11, 2020

Adventures in Kayaking

More kayaking adventures took place in August! Soaking up the summer!

First- an early August river trip. Annabel loved laying down on her kayak. Too funny. Also, this time- after dropping them off at the little park near our house to start their trip, I drove down the street to catch my kayakers at the next bridge viewpoint at the bigger park. They were surprised to see me! That was fun. Also of note- They saw lots of junk in the river on this trip and really wanted to help clean it up, so Ben said he'd get some grabbers for next time so they could do a little clean up along the way.









Grabbers now on hand, Annabel and Daniel were really keen to go river kayaking again to see what they could collect in their garbage bags. The trip took a little longer just because they kept stopping to grab stuff, but they had a good time and managed to pick up a good amount of junk to throw away. Keeping Earth clean- I like it! I got to the pick up point a little earlier this time, too, so I could watch them as they arrived- they liked that surprise, too! Meanwhile, what did I do while they were off kayaking? I enjoyed the peace and quite and worked on a puzzle, that Mickey sketchbook-style one in the last post. So glad the kids are getting out on the kayak with Daddy. It's so nice that they have these things they do together with him.








No comments: