Mid-February brought us a snow day, sort of...I mean snow days as we know them don't exist anymore because the kids just get a remote day of learning instead of in-person learning. So they still have school technically and not exactly a day off of school. It's odd and a little sad I think, because snow days were always such fun bonus days off of school. Although on this particular occasion, the snow day was hugely unwarranted as it didn't snow until...oh long about 3:00, when the kids would have been home. Yep. It was pretty silly all around, but that doesn't mean we didn't enjoy it! And because it was a remote day of learning, we don't even have to make it up at the end of the year- those days are gone, too, which I guess is nice, on the flip side. The kids were thrilled to realize they don't have to make the day up! I guess it's a win win. This is all still so new to us.
I actually had a Zoom meeting that morning and when I was done at 10:15, both kids were already done with all of their school work. They were done before I was. So then it was time for us to hang out and have some fun! Annabel baked, of course. Actually, her honors teacher, Mrs. Paladino, told them to do something creative, such as baking- so technically the baking was homework. Perfect! Annabel made the MOST delicious treats...Chocolate Covered Strawberry Muffins. Oh my goodness. So good!! So good. They were practically gone in a day. (She ended up making more just days later- they were that good!) Annabel also took one to Mrs. Paladino the next day and she LOVED it and was delighted of course to reap the benefits of this so-called homework, haha! So fun to share!
Daniel had ordered a kit of knock-off Lego accessories that happened to arrive on this no school day, so while we watched a movie, he sat and got it all taken apart (they were attached to plastic frames and you had to sort of punch them all out- lots of work!) and then he was off having fun with those things the rest of the afternoon, too. It was such perfect timing that these arrived when they did so he could work on them and enjoy them while home.
Anyway, I'll always take the extra time with my kids so even though it was a silly day off, I was glad for it! In the end, it was a day we all could have used regardless. Just a nice good ol' reconnecting day. Perfection.


No comments:
Post a Comment