Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Christmas Eve 2022

We celebrated Christmas with Grandma Mary Kay, Grandpa Larry, and Aunt Wendy on Christmas Eve as we always do. The day was an interesting one for Wendy, with a very long travel day getting in from Florida (flights were very messed up this holiday season), but we were happy to have her safe and sound and home, and after getting her settled in a little, we dove right into some Christmas fun! 

The kids checked out their stockings and found some fun goodies. Then Grandma had a game set up on the kitchen table for us- it was so clever and cute and just a lot of fun. There were prizes laid out on the table with strings attached to them and the strings came up through a hole in a plastic cup, so you didn't know which prize was attached to which string. The prizes ranged from $1 to $10 to hot chocolate or chocolate coal and such. Each of us, adults included, were given a turn to pull a string and win the prize that was attached. Such fun! Annabel went first and won the biggest prize- the $10 bill! Daniel went next and got the next biggest prize, the $5 bill! The adults got the candy, cocoa, lottery ticket, coal, and $1. The kids were pretty tickled with how that turned out! 

Next up was dinner and presents. The kids might be getting older, but presents are still a ton of fun. They both of course still love to open presents and I still love to watch their faces light up. Annabel still hugs presents she loves and you can just tell she delights in and appreciates each gift. Daniel pores over his presents, noticing details, and oohing in his deep voice. I love it. I was proud that Daniel had found something fun for Grandpa, too, and bought it with his own money and all- it was so sweet. It was just a little something he'd stumbled on that made him think of Grandpa and he said he wanted to gift it for Christmas. It was so special and I loved how naturally it came up, too. Growing kids- I love 'em. 

Back at home, Annabel set out a couple cookies for Santa because I'm a die-hard fan of tradition. Special Christmas pajamas this year featured Mickey & Minnie for Annabel, and Home Alone for Daniel. No more hiding them, alas, but I can still have fun shopping for them! I can also still read The Night Before Christmas to my kiddos, too- they had no choice but to oblige. Thank you, my dears, for obliging your mother.

And off to bed we went, excited for Christmas morning!!
 
Now for pictures...
My Christmas Eve breakfast...tea and cookies! 'Tis the season! 

Cozy Cosmo and Hiding Daniel!

Pull a Prize Game fun at Grandma's!!


Annabel LOVED her new Stitch!


 

Mickey was a hit with Daniel!

That expression! Classic teen face, I think!

Crazy socks for Daniel. It's become something of a tradition now. He has quite the collection and has fun wearing them on weekends.

Annabel can bake some more desserts now- we're looking forward to it!

Legos will never get old!

Cookies for Santa! Thank you, Annabel!

No comments: