Sunday, December 18, 2022

Twice the Band Excitement!

Annabel had multiple opportunities for playing music with the band last week and she was so excited for each performance!!

First, the Jazz Band was invited to play during an intermission for an elementary school's winter concert. This "concert" was super brief- only 2 songs (they were supposed to play more, but I guess that wasn't meant to be after all), but it was still so fun because this was the first time they had ever performed since starting in November. The concert took place at the kids' elementary school, too- it was weird to be back, but still fun and familiar. And the Jazz Band sounded great! They all wore Santa hats for the occasion and even had professional looking box music stands. It was pretty special and such a fun opportunity. 

The night after that performance, Annabel had two more performances with two other groups, this time playing Christmas songs for Salvation Army (in place of the traditional bell-ringing you see outside stores). She wore her Santa hat again- so fun and festive!! The first performance was with the bell choir her school started this year for the first time. I have always loved bell choirs so I was really excited Annabel was doing this and had the opportunity to try it out. I would have loved to do that myself! She had fun being a part of this group and they played well, in spite of very cold temperatures! So fun to watch that performance. Annabel did tell me, and you'll see in the video- her particular bell didn't play very much- she wished she had a different one! Maybe next time!

After the bell choir was done, Annabel played the flute in a mini-band for Carroll's Carols (Dr. Carroll lead this one- hence the Carroll's Carols). This was a fun one, too, with lots of recognizable tunes. Again, super cold so it was a challenge to play instruments with freezing fingers! I had the foresight (last minute albeit- but, same day pick up for the win) to get Annabel a pair or those fingerless gloves so she'd at least be covered and still have fingertips free for the flute. She was SO glad she had these gloves! The other kids were jealous and the parents were impressed, haha. I was glad I thought of it! 

Anyway, these were such fun nights and they amped up the festivities for our family and we loved every minute! And Annabel looks so cute playing her instruments- I love watching her. That tux shirt is awesome, too! 

First up- Jazz Band mini-concert!



Bell Choir night! Here's Annabel with a friend, Briella.

 And now time for Carroll's Carols- Annabel on the flute!

 

 

 

 

And some videos for you! (Keep in mind very cold instruments!! Hard to keep in tune, hah!) (Also, Annabel said her bell didn't play much, but you'll still see her in action!)

First is the bell choir....it's just part of a song. 

And now two band songs...

No comments: