Annabel is closer and closer to officially walking! Well, she IS walking, she CAN walk, she just doesn't choose it as her main means of getting around just yet. But each day, she walks more and more often- still little steps, over small distances, but you can tell she's getting braver each time. And she can even walk sideways and will even take steps backwards if she's backing something up. Annabel can stand on her own for a long time, and even that gets longer and longer each day. Annabel has also gotten strong enough to stand, crouch down, and then stand back up. I loved noticing that the other day for the first time!
Of course, Daniel is very excited for her! Just yesterday, he and Annabel were in the loft (stair gate closed, don't worry) and I was in Annabel's room getting something, when Daniel called out, "Mommy, Mommy. Annabel is walking!!" There she was, walking toward Daniel of course! I asked him how it happened and he oh-so-cutely explained, with gestures and a big proud smile, "She just stooood up, and then she took her first steps." I love it!
All in all, it's just SO cute to watch her little steps! Annabel's walking journey has been such fun to watch as it unfolds daily. I'll keep you posted!
This first video was taken the day we went to the zoo (the first time)- almost two weeks ago. Annabel had at that point been just taking a couple steps here and there, and I finally caught a little snippet on camera! Don't mind her (cute) nakedness- I was changing her clothes!
These next two videos were taken over this past weekend. Now Annabel is finally walking for longer distances- about two or three feet maybe- and more and more lately these steps are away from us, towards toys usually. Slowly, but surely she takes step by step. So cute! This video was actually the first time she'd walked this far! Aren't you glad I caught that on video for you?!
This video shows you how Annabel can stand up after crouching down. She's getting so big and so strong! (And check out Daniel's latest Goodwill store find- that wooden parking garage and the Cars Toon Tales Monster Truck characters, of which Mater is one- he LOVES these!)
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment