Thought I'd share some cute videos and some stories! Videos first...stories below!
This video was taken about two weeks ago. I was just trying to get some cute crawling videos of Annabel before the crawling days are over and she moves on to walking. This is just me feeling nostalgic and missing babyhood already...
I mentioned before how Annabel loves to play with Daniel's cars and drive them around. Caught it on video a couple weeks ago. So cute! I love that she even knew to flip the car onto its wheels, too! Smart girl! We think it's a good thing she likes to play with cars, because we sure have a LOT of them!
Just some cute laughs to show how ticklish Annabel is! Daniel loves to tickle her, too, because it's so cute and such fun.
Annabel was just so cute playing with her toys one day. It just struck me how big she's getting and how much I just love to watch her play. She's so expressive and just such a cutie.
Caught! Annabel is escaping...
This video is from the first day of Spring when I took Annabel outside for some fresh air during Daniel's nap. We had so much fun playing with the ball and getting some good vitamin D from that sunshine!
One last video- this was taken this past weekend when we went to Best Buy. Daniel loves to go to Best Buy because they have the demo games he can play. Last time we went they had a Lightning McQueen race car driving game that he LOVED. So of course he was looking for that this time (yes he remembered that game all this time- and it's been months since we've gone to Best Buy!), but this monkey game had to suffice. He LOVED this one just as much. I think Daniel's little "bop" is too cute!
That's all for videos...just be glad I didn't share Daniel's first video that he took with you. It's a bit nauseating because it's so crazy all over up down all around- you'd get dizzy! It was fun to let him play, though.
And now for some things we've heard around the house lately and other cute stories:
Daniel spent a couple weeks talking about "soccer school". He really wanted to go to soccer school. We have no idea where he got this idea, but, in fact, I had been considering a "soccer school" that we have in the area anyway. We're just not sure how much he'd play because he tends to just watch rather than jump in and do...so we'll see. Anyway, it's just cute that he was all of a sudden interested. This may also be more proof that the kid can read my mind, because like I said, I'd been (silently, I tell you) thinking about it, too.
Daniel got sunflower seeds at Asher's 1st birthday party. He's been talking about planting them ever since. We kept telling him that we had to wait until it got warmer. Daniel simply replied, "Yeah. I don't want frozen flowers." Too funny.
"Pantses"- I had to mention this one for the record. I cannot get Daniel to just say "pants" for the life of me...he always says "pantses" as in "Here are Annabel's pantses" or "I need to put my pantses on." Cracks me up!
"Bescape" is another one I loved- I think Daniel's finally starting to say "escape" instead of "bescape." There was a video I shared a while ago where Daniel shouted at a car "don't bescape, car!"
"I will never..."- Every now and again, when Daniel is being contrary like any three year old can be, Daniel will say, "I will never..." and of course it's something he's done before and will do again probably later that day, if not in the next ten minutes, such as "I will never play blocks." Silly boy.
"Course she can have that" "Course you do."- I love it when Daniel says "Course..." something about the slang and the sureness coming from him cracks me up.
"That's why..."- Daniel is always explaining random things to us. "This is a red car. That's why he can go over there" or something like that. Love it!
"I guess I should..."- Again, for random things while Daniel is playing, he will just say "I guess I should..." His expressions are so cute, too.
Daniel went through a "Have you ever ___ before?" phase for a while. He'd ask us "have you ever" questions all the time, and they were always for things he knows we've done before (like "have you ever played this game before?"), but he'd still ask them so earnestly and seriously. And if we said no just to toy with him, he'd say "course you did." Or he'd say "That's why I'm playing this game right now. To show you." I love the way all his expressions come together this way sometimes!
Other cute phrases I've heard recently are "actually" and "so"- Daniel will begin sentences these days with these phrases. "Actually I need a blue block." "So, I want to read this book."
About two weeks ago, all Daniel talked about was "I wish I had a puppy dog" or "I wish I had a monster truck button" (in our car- to turn our minivan into a monster truck). It was pretty cute the way he was wishing for things. I can tell you right now the puppy dog wish (and the monster truck button for that matter) will never happen- we are not dog people! Thankfully he moved on.
I love it when Daniel says "I'm excited for..."- it's so cute and such fun. His current excitements...a trip to the beach (he talks about this ALL the time), Easter (he really wants to paint eggs!), and recently our dinner at Grandma Cheryl's.
Daniel has a new member of his very-well-loved lovey family- a meerkat (thank you, Grandma Cheryl!!). Let me tell you- This. Boy's. In. LOVE! So, lion and kitty cat are no longer a pair...they're a trio with meerkat, too. Anyway, Daniel was nuzzling his meerkat the other day and I said "oh, are you doing nosey-nosey?" and Daniel said "No. I'm doing facey-facey!" Too funny!
Last funny story- Daniel and I were "exercising" the other night by running laps. I was running slow and Daniel was running fast- he told me he could run fast because his legs had more power than mine! Annabel was just happily playing away while we did this. When she finally wanted me to pick her up, I kept running with her and every time we saw Daniel (we ran the opposite direction as Daniel) I'd say "BOO!" and they would both crack up- it was hilarious. Daniel finally told me not to say boo. So the next time we ran into Daniel I said "pickles" just to be silly and Daniel said I couldn't say that either. I asked him what I could say and he said "nothing." So, I was about to start running again with plans to literally say "nothing" (aren't I funny?!) when Daniel turned around and said "No, don't say ANYthing. No talking." Smart kid! I had to laugh. And again...he read my mind!
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment