An old hiking friend, Allie, whom we hadn't seen in ages- probably over a year (they don't live anywhere near us and life just got busy...), messaged our group of hiking gals the other day that they would be in the area picnicking and wading in the river at a local park and invited us all to join them. Of course, after the fun we had in the lake on our road trip, this sounded like heaven to the kids! So, we jumped at the chance to get out a little and do something different and the kids. had. a. blast! Oh my goodness...Daniel and Annabel just thought this was the coolest thing to do. (I will say that I don't go in lakes or rivers- I'm perfectly happy to just watch the kids.) If it weren't for Allie, I don't think I would have ever done this, as cool as I can be as a mom, this just wouldn't have occurred to me. But wow, the kids had so much fun and they totally want to go again. In fact, Daniel's first comment as we headed home after over an hour in the river was that he'd like to do that with Cole! I love how he loved wading in the river so much that he immediately thought of his best friend (of course I did the same thing, too- we miss Patricia and her kids SO much), it was just so sweet. So, I think we'll have to put this on the list of things to do again, perhaps? And next time I'll remember their water shoes...the rocky river bed wasn't as friendly as the sandy lake bottom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment