Friday, June 12, 2015

Summer Reading Super Heroes!

I've got two Summer Reading Super Heroes! This Summer's Reading Program at our library is super hero-themed, which of course the kids just love! And of course my kids have already done all the reading required of them- they had a lot of fun keeping track of their reading. They are excited to be able to start picking up their prizes the next time we go to the library. Last weekend, when we had our first couple showings (!!!), it worked out beautifully that the library was kicking off Summer Reading with super hero activities all day, so of course we went! We went to a story time, checked out some books to bring home, made super hero masks, took pictures with super heroes, posed for a comic-book style photo op, made super hero snacks, and took a quick peek at the movie Big Hero 6 (which I just think is for older kids given the teenage feel of it all, although Daniel laughed a lot and got sucked right in at the beginning...but I found it telling he didn't want to stay and finish either). All in all, we had a great afternoon at the library! Clearly, I wore a certain little girl out, too. Afterwards...of course we went to the new house to play!









No comments: