Thursday, June 11, 2015

Two Weeks Later...Enjoying Our New House!

Today marks two weeks since we bought our new house! Crazy. Time flies. I feel like we've gotten nothing done there, but- we've certainly enjoyed being there and playing and contemplating and showing it off to family and all that jazz! The kids just LOVE being there. They are definitely comfortable there- they go off and play like crazy. Favorite room to play in so far- the master bedroom of course!

We pretty much go to the new house every day after school at the kids' request! I love it- I'm just SO glad they want to be there. They are really having a great time playing there. It's so cool. We play inside (we've taken a fair amount of toys, books, and games there so far) and outside (we've taken a lot of outside stuff, too- bubbles, bikes and scooters, balls, chalk and such). We've met almost all the neighbors on our quiet cul-de-sac- everybody has been SO friendly and so nice, going out of their way, literally, to introduce themselves to us and all. And the neighbors all take pride in our little street and in being either the original owners or the second owners of the homes- it's really something else; I just love the feeling our street gives me- all warm and cozy and belonging! The kids love to ride their bikes and scooters all the way around the cul-de-sac...without me! They love that they can go so far...I love that I can see them as they go all the way around and end up in front of me, across the street! We've explored all three parks near us, on foot and by bike/scooter- we have some pretty fun parks to enjoy! We've taken games to play outside, drawn with chalk, blown bubbles, set up our little half-tent, and on and on. We'll spend all afternoon there! And then we have to come home for dinner. Which drives the kids nuts. They said to me one afternoon, as they were dismayed, again, at having to leave, "Mommy, when can we just move in?!" I hear ya, guys, I'm ready, too!

We spent the better part of last week getting our current house spiffed up and clean and finally listed! (Oh- and trying to get healthy- Ben and I both caught killer colds last week, of course this would happen while we're trying to work our butts off cleaning and packing!) Please cross fingers for selling this place! Otherwise, we've been taking many loads of boxes and stuff over to the new place every chance we get...gotta start somewhere! So this place is super clean (and the new house is very cluttered)...love the clean minimalistic look here, very easy to maintain this week, don't miss ANYthing (except for that box with my books to read for this month- oops! oh- and I know the kids miss a few things...every now and then, "Mommy, where's xyz?" "...ummm, at the new house..."- they do not like that answer!). We've started to wipe out the cabinets in the new house, get things freshened up, got the carpets cleaned, a new garage opener installed, set up a table and chairs on our screened porch (we've already gotten to enjoy watching the rain out there!!!), and just random stuff. We're going to start painting now- kids' rooms and playroom are up first. Then we can begin to get cozy and organized in those rooms and therefore, ready to move in...which will hopefully happen in a couple weeks! We have a busy couple weeks ahead of us, so, that's kind of putting a damper on this moving business, but we'll figure it out!

So. We're getting there! It's really such a great house for us. I love it more and more every time I'm there. And the past couple days- I've been sneaking over there while the kids are in their summer school and sitting on the screened porch to read my book, complete with a Starbucks Frappuccino (minus the coffee- bleck) in hand- so fun! My first alone time in the house. I loved it.

Anyway, it'll all come together, all in good time...but we're all quite anxious to move on and be among our things again and not be in two houses. And I just really can't wait to get started on decorating and making it mine, ours, Home.











No comments: