We are making progress on the new house! I know I've been slow in sharing pictures, but here I am, finally ready to share a few more sneak peeks of the house! Fourth of July weekend was spent painting, basically. Ben agreed to do horizontal stripes in Daniel and Annabel's rooms, so it took some doing for him to get it all lined up, gets the walls ready for paint and all. Daniel chose green for his walls (he wants his room to look the same as
the old house, no surprise there) with a blue stripe, while Annabel chose
pink (you surprised? I'm not.) and aqua with a white stripe between the
two colors.
The kids couldn't wait to help, too! Daniel's room was started first, and of course we let Annabel do a little in her room later on, too. So fun to watch the kids paint! Daniel's motions were all about lines and shapes, while Annabel was just painting all over the place. The kids decided their painting in Daniel's room looked like an animal. It was cute to see what they thought.
When Annabel did her room later that afternoon, Ben had shown her how to paint her name, which she just thought was awesome, so of course she spent the rest of the time painting all our names- Daniel, Annabel, Mom, Dad. We had to spread her cardboard out more because she kept moving down the wall! I was impressed with how long they both stuck with painting, too- they had such a great time!
And here's a funny story- when the kids came back a couple days later when it was all done (oh I was SO excited about how their rooms turned out- they really are just wonderful), Annabel took one look at her walls and immediately frowned and said, "Where's my painting?" I did not see that coming. It was so cute, though. We explained that she just did the first layer and that Daddy had to smooth it all out and paint the whole wall. She was fine and moved on quickly. Thank goodness. But I'm thinking she'd love making art on some nice big canvases for her room or the playroom...hmm...having a moment here...well, we'll see. Art sure is a fun activity in this house in any case!
Anyway, enjoy pictures of the kids painting their rooms! (And yes, it took me back to this day...gosh time flies...where IS that little boy?!)
And now for the sneak peek at these AMAZING rooms- BIG thanks to Ben for his hard work on giving our kids their dreams! Can't wait to start sleeping there real soon!
The kids are working on building up their Lego light switch plates, by the way. BIG hit! These were a fun item I scored on Amazon, having put it on my wish list ages ago, just waiting for the day we could use them in the kids' rooms!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment