Wednesday was our usual Nature Class (we kept going all summer and will be continuing all through fall, too!) and we had a lot of fun. Ms. Connie wasn't there, so we had Mr. Andy- the change in teacher didn't faze Daniel one bit, and he even talked to Mr. Andy and showed him something he found, too. Go Daniel! Anyway, we had shapes and colors and textures to find on our hike and we got to do leaf and bark rubbings (picture below), too. Annabel's new nap pattern, and her very brief naps, means she only sleeps through part of the class, if at all, but she's still a great sport in the K'tan. She just loves to look around while we hike and of course she loves watching Daniel!
Thursday we have a new class also at the Nature Center called Nature Jams- basically a nature music class. We have a different teacher for this class and the class includes younger children (most of them are around 15 months old)- in fact, Annabel is registered in the class! Mostly because I felt wrong about bringing her and not registering her (the classes was listed for 3 month olds to 3 year olds), though I did feel it was rather silly that a 5 month old had to pay when they can't make projects or really join the activities- alas, I consider it a minimal donation to the program and if it means they don't cancel the class because of one more registration then that's great! Anyway, Ms. Angel was fun. We got to go on a hike looking for acorns, paint by shaking paint-dipped acorns in a tin can filled with a sheet of paper (that was neat!), plant grass (because that was easier than acorns), and play with instruments. Annabel slept for part of this class, too, but was otherwise very alert and adorable as always!
We've been outside enjoying the cool weather this week. Daniel wanted to make his bubble snakes again, so that was fun. Annabel and I enjoyed watching Daniel!
Friday they did a playtime at the library that we signed Daniel up for. They do this playtime once a month, for ages 2-6. We've never gone and it was so much fun! Daddy even came with us, too. It was crazy busy with LOTS of kids and their parents there and LOUD (and unnecessary we thought!) music, but Daniel just dove right in! He played with puzzles, foam numbers, and even joined the parachute activity at the end, shaking it and helping Daddy throw the balls on. We'd sign up for this again! And of course, after this activity time, we went and found some new books to borrow. I love the library!
And that was our busy week! We have another busy week ahead of us again, with another hopeful attempt at Daniel's big boy class. All week, as we've gone to the different classes and activities, Daniel just kept saying "NOT my big boy class!" It took me all week to get over that rather traumatic experience, and clearly he's still not a fan of that experience either; and all I can think is I need to get past that day, and yet, with each day that I get away from/past it, I'm just getting closer to the next time we go...but I'm trying to stay really positive, I'm trying to gently weave it into our discussions/activities with Daniel, and I'm trying to come up with strategies to help Daniel. We shall see how it goes!


No comments:
Post a Comment