Sunday, September 4, 2011

Zoo Fun

Last weekend (yes, I'm behind on my blogging- sorry! I've been reading that wonderful book The Forgotten Garden- it's been sucking up all my time. I'm finally finished with it now, though!) we took Aunt Christina and Uncle Jason to the zoo with us. Daddy came, too! We had a lot of fun- it was such a great day! We saw lots of animals and did a lot of walking. Daniel even got to ride the carousel- twice! Mainly because the first time he'd picked an animal on the inside edge, and that was hard for Jason to photograph; I knew Jason would get better pictures than I ever got and I really wanted some good pics-so we treated Daniel to a second ride, with the encouragement to pick an animal on the outer edge this time. Annabel did great at the zoo, in the K'tan, as always. Daniel of course loved having everybody there with him- thanks for coming Christina and Jason! Here are TONS (as always) of pictures... (many, I'm sure you can tell which, are courtesy of Jason- thanks!)

Daniel and Aunt Christina check out a lizard.


Checking out the animals.


Annabel is happy as can be all snuggled up in the K'tan!


Life with an almost three year old means you don't always get cooperation...
thus we got Daniel's backside!


Happy to take a break at lunch!


Hmmm...could this foot be my lunch?!


Or maybe this purse could be lunch?!


Lost in thought...


Daniel is excited to show Aunt Christina some critter!



Mommy and Daniel-
and yes, I have a new hairdo with bangs again now!


Daddy shows Annabel some animals!


Daddy and Annabel


Peek-a-boo fun


Now Daniel is ready to smile!




Happy Sunshiny Annabel!




Listening to the calls of the wild!


Annabel likes to face forward in the K'tan when she's awake sometimes.


I'd never seen baby peacocks before...So cute!


Annabel was fast asleep while Daniel had fun on the carousel.


Daniel's first ride was on the flamingo...


He was excited to find out he could ride again!
And isn't this just the most adorable picture!?!


See??...I told you Jason would get THE BEST carousel pictures!!
I had several to chose from, too...this was my fave!



What a great day we all had!!

No comments: