Daniel took another step forward with his big boy class yesterday- he played! I was so surprised and SO proud of him! When I went in to pick him up, they were all sitting on the rug in the corner reading books and he hopped up quick as he could and ran to me and gave me a great big hug. I loved it! And then I asked him what he did and he started pointing to all the toys and telling me what he played with. I was a little confused, so I asked if he did a project, and he said no and that he just played. Ms. Stephanie, one of the teachers, was happy to confirm this. She said she even asked Daniel about ten minutes before class was over if he wanted to do the project and he said he didn't- they were very surprised, too, and so proud of him. In fact, when Ms. Erin, the other teacher, came out to talk to the parents before we went in, she got all teary eyed telling us how much the kids have grown in just a few weeks and how proud she was of them all- it was so sweet! I'm just so proud of Daniel. We got to bring the pieces of the project home and we put it all together this afternoon.
Here are a few things Daniel showed me he played with!



And Annabel got to practice her new skill of sitting next to me on the bench while we waited! I had to share this cute picture, too!

Daniel has also started swim lessons with Daddy at night two times a week- and he even participated in those activities so well! We're just thrilled with how he's doing lately! Daniel sure is a big boy now!
No comments:
Post a Comment