Sunday, February 12, 2012

Can't We Catch a Break??

So I'm sitting the hospital writing this, reflecting on our crazy week...a pajama sort of week with just about everybody being under the weather and me ending up in the hospital.

It all started last weekend with Ben getting really sick. I have never seen him sleep so much! He was miserable and it lasted pretty much all week. And then Daniel got sick...starting Wednesday, he had a 102 fever, you could tell he felt miserable and achy (he was "walking slowly" as he told me, wanted the doctor to check his chin-pointing to his throat, couldn't even move his own body that night in bed, wanted to play but told me to play for him- move that car mommy now that one please, stared at his food not eating one bite and so on), Thursday morning he still had a 101 fever and with Ben having been so sick, I was not messing with this so we went straight to the doctor. Turned out Daniel had strep. I had thought that was what Ben had...sure enough, Ben shared that very nicely with Daniel. Daniel was so brave at the doctor. I was so proud of him. We came home and told Daddy right away to get to the doctor so they could both get started on meds, get this strep out of our house, and start getting better ASAP! I was really hoping us girls wouldn't catch it, too! 10 days of meds now...we have a long week ahead of us because Daniel + medicine is not fun. We'll get through it. Ben and Daniel were both feeling MUCH better by Friday- thank goodness!

Perks (if you can call it that!) of Daniel being under the weather...
*Lazing around at home
*Watching old Disney movies
*Playing board games and doing puzzles- so much fun!
*Keeping my boy company and watching him fall back asleep at 3:30AM- so sweet!

But our fun didn't end there...I spent all day Saturday in bed myself with horrible abdominal pain that just wouldn't go away. It was so painful I think I only got about 4 hours of sleep total all that day and night. And nothing helped. After spending about 24 hours this way, I decided the pain wasn't going away, so off to the ER we went at the crack of dawn on Sunday as soon as my parents arrived to take care of my still sleeping kids. A CAT scan a few hours later revealed I had appendicitis and a couple hours later my appendix was taken out. Much better! So glad I trusted my instincts to get to the hospital!

So now I'm stuck here overnight...forced relaxation, peace and quiet, time to sleep, time to read...I can do this! Hopefully I'll be home for a sweet reunion with my babies and husband on Valentine's Day! I miss them SO much! And my poor Annabel...I'm hoping this doesn't wean her since I'm not there to nurse her, not to mention I have to pump and dump because of all the meds they're giving me. I was happy to video chat with them tonight...smiles, blow kisses, stories, and just the sight of them made my day! I needed that.

Here are some pictures from our pajama kind of week!

Annabel was helping me fold some laundry!
She had fun climbing onto my drying racks!




Annabel loves this stuffed photo cube she got for Christmas...she loves to tackle it! And she loves to look at the pictures, too!



Crazy bedhead, but cute smile!


Daniel watching Disney movies in his pajamas...well, pajama pants- he couldn't even lift his arms to change his shirt Thursday night, poor thing.


Annabel is catching onto standing on her own...for mere seconds, but still- fun, fun!


In a moment of playfulness (thank you medicine!), Daniel hides himself and Annabel in this box! So cute! Love the feet sticking out!


So that's our crazy week! Hopefully this week will be much better with everybody on the mend! Send us some good health vibes, please!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, no, Allison! I hope you are feeling better soon and get to get home to your family!! Glad you went to the doctor, though. Our thoughts are with you guys!