I bought Daniel a canvas to paint the other day and he was very excited to paint on it. Of course we did a lot more painting than just the canvas because he always wants to do more and more! This time he also wanted to do hand prints- that was a first! He had the most fun with that- first letting me put the paint on his hand, and then doing it himself, in a different color each time, and then slapping his hand on the cardboard to make the prints. Wish the hand prints were done on something a little more "keep-able" and nicer than a cardboard scrap, though! Daniel also painted with his fingertip, too, which he thought was fun. Another first was that he was experimenting with mixing the colors- he's usually a purist like me, no mixing colors- but he liked creating new colors that we don't have and he thought that was pretty cool. He mixed his watercolors today, too, naming the new colors as he did so. I love watching his artistic skills and creativity develop! Time to get some more canvasses to paint on...and hang the one he painted already!
Here's a video of Daniel painting with his finger!
P.S.- It's kind of hard to tell from the angle and lighting, but Daniel is sporting a new very short haircut! It's different and not exactly what I had in mind when I told the girl to go shorter (I had meant a "good" trim as opposed to actually very short)...but it does look more like an almost-4-year-old haircut I think. Not sure if I'll keep this up or let it get a little longer like I prefer- I miss his old haircut- that was "Daniel" to me, but I also like the lack of bedhead and hair combing fights! Anyway, it's cute!




No comments:
Post a Comment