Friday, July 13, 2012

My Little Artists

Back when it was still 100 degrees outside, we spent a morning painting in the basement! Daniel painted a small cardboard box he found the previous day, which is what gave him the idea to paint. And even Annabel got to join the fun. She absolutely loved painting! She painted a lot longer than Daniel did. I put her in a large shirt which covered her entire body and let her have at it with a plate with two dollops of paint, a paper to paint on, and a paintbrush of her very own. She had a ball! And she had paint all over her arms, and even in her hair (which she must have done in the two split seconds when I refilled Daniel's paint...grrr!)...but of course she didn't mind one bit. I didn't either, mostly. It was fun to watch Annabel experiment with the paint, the brush smooshing the paint around, mixing the colors, making marks on the paper, going back for more paint, and so on. And when she discovered that she could ask for more paint and other colors (like Daniel did), well, she just kept wanting more and more and she kept painting and painting. I loved the whole process with her! Such cute pictures of my artists below!




Daniel still has his "thinking hand"...


I think this one is my favorite...I love Annabel's serious expression here and the blur of her hand in motion...









See?...GIANT shirt...just her toes poke out! Love it!

No comments: