I had a great morning with the kids. We went to Michael's craft store to stock up on some painting supplies for Daniel, Kohl's to spend some bucks I had, then we had lunch at Portillo's just the three of us, and then we went to the library to top off our fun outing! We really had such a great time and the kids were both such great, easy company. I keep looking back on that morning as such an enjoyable morning. Of course I always enjoy my kids and of course it's mostly just the three of us during the week anyway, but something about being so productive, getting to so many places, and just having a great time, all on a Saturday made it seem so special and so fun for some reason.
We got home in time for naps and Daddy had everything all fixed and all cleaned up! A great morning all around!
And I have to share the funniest and most fun moment from later that same day...
I had rented The Muppets, since it just came out on DVD and we hadn't seen it yet, from the library that day. We all sat down to watch it together after dinner. Upon the first musical number that they sang in the movie (I think it was Life's a Happy Song), Daniel was up out of his seat dancing along! It was the cutest thing ever and I will never forget that. It occurred to me at one point, while watching Daniel, that he's never really seen "musical" types of movies yet- sure there are often songs in some movies we watch with Daniel, but not like this. Anyway, Ben and I stopped watching the movie- we were watching Daniel. I had the biggest grin on my face, tears in my eyes, and tried the hardest I could to burn that memory in my mind to always remember. We wanted so badly to get the camera and capture Daniel's dancing, which of course would ruin the magic, the youthfulness, the carefreeness of the moment. The kids did both dance later on during the movie when there were other songs and we did catch that on video, but it wasn't the same, which I'm glad for because I will always remember that first dance- and I think it's absolutely perfect to just have this memory. I've said it before- not everything has to be captured in pictures and video- sometimes the memory just has to be enough. And it is, it so is in this case. But we decided we might have to own the movie just for that memory alone! Maybe if I'm smart, I'll even write a note to put into the DVD case...
The kids got hats at Portillo's!
The FIRST thing Daniel did after his nap was hug his sister...so sweet!!!
Oh, No!- What happened to Annabel?!
Don't be alarmed...Annabel is fine!
She will just randomly lay down on the floor like this- it's kinda weird, kinda silly, but she thinks she's SO funny!
She will just randomly lay down on the floor like this- it's kinda weird, kinda silly, but she thinks she's SO funny!


No comments:
Post a Comment