The Monday before Christmas Annabel and I finally had a chance to bake more cookies! Her request- pink cookies! (Daniel requested blue, and no, I did not even think about the coincidence between their choices of pink and blue, as suggested by my ever-hopeful mother-in-law- no babies on the horizon here! Sorry, Grandmas!) Anyway, we made our sugar cookie dough, colored part of it pink, part of it blue, and left the rest the normal color. The recipe I had printed out had pictures of cookies cut out- snowflakes and a Santa boot, which of course Annabel begged for, so I had her draw them on the shopping list. Then, while that dough chilled, the kids went off to the library and grocery store with Daddy, who had the day (actually, the whole week!) off- the timing of their little outing just worked out perfectly for baking. When they came back, Annabel was super excited to show me the cookie cutters she found- snowflake and boot were scored, plus a few other cute ones. We all had lunch, Annabel and I made the next dough to start chilling (for the raspberry almond thumbprint cookies- delish!), and then she and I got started cutting out shapes and baking the pink and blue sugar cookies! (Daniel was not interested in helping, but that's okay. He got his vote in for the blue cookies at least.) Annabel had the most fun and ended up with flour all over her face! I loved the mess of it all...and I don't like messes, but this mess, super fun!
Later that same day, while Annabel took her bath, Daniel and I finally got some one-on-one time to do his Kiwi Crate craft kit. He chose to do one of the two projects- make the pipe cleaner tree- and he had a lot of fun. Guess we're saving the ornament craft for next Christmas, which is fine!
Enjoy the pictures of our baking and crafting fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment