Friday, December 5, 2014

A Day at the Museum of Science and Industry

Groupon ran an awesome deal on a membership to the Museum of Science & Industry a while back and we pretty much snapped that one right up! We'd talked about getting a membership there, debating back and forth for about a year, so when this great deal came up, we pretty much couldn't say no. And then during Thanksgiving week, with the museum's Christmas trees up for the season, we decided to make that our first trip as members!

We spent a good loooong time at the museum this time- almost 6 hours, till the place closed. We explored just about every corner of the museum, following the kids' lead- and yes, they wanted to keep going and keep seeing more! I think we only did NOT go into one section and that was just because it was super crowded in that particular area. Mostly, the museum didn't feel that crowded that day though it was busy, which was nice, so we pretty much got to do everything we wanted. The kids loved the mirror maze leading the way into the Numbers in Nature exhibit- that maze was trippy, so cool! I loved that, too. It was interesting that later that day Daniel described that as the maze with the trees- and you'll see in the pictures, it does indeed look like trees, though I totally did not "see" that while we were in it! It's amazing what the kids pick up on. Annabel loved the Fairy Castle dollhouse, Daniel loved the giant model train. Annabel had the most fun posing in front of all the Christmas trees- I've shared a few here, but believe me, she posed in front of each and every one and made me take pictures! She particularly loved the dolls and she was delighted to find an "A" on one of the trees like it was made for her. All the pictures she posed for were cute of course, but I narrowed it down for you! I love this museum at Christmas time. It's so fun and festive and seems to be quite the tradition for us. I'd gladly skip the two hour ride home though- that was just insane and has never happened to us before, or we'd have learned our lesson, I'd think! Lesson learned.

All in all, we had a great family day! So glad Ben took the week off so we could do some fun things together. It was so nice to get out of the house and get our membership officially started! Oh- I can't forget how fun it was to treat the kids to ice cream at Finnigan's Parlor for the first time, too! Daniel gobbled, and I do mean gobbled, down his ice cream in no time at all! I think it's safe to say he liked it. Annabel did, too, but she was not nearly as fast as Daniel was, not that it was a race- just an indication of how much Daniel took delight in his first official ice cream cone! So fun!

We can't wait to go back to the museum again! This should be a fun membership for us to explore this year!






















No comments: