At the beginning of last week, before Thanksgiving, we got our first official snow of the season! It only stuck to the grass since it melted on the streets and such immediately, but that didn't stop the kids from playing in the snow! They were so excited to get out there and shovel the grass and run around. We had a good time, but man, it was cold! I'm really not ready for cold.
Funniest story of the day, at least to me: Annabel was absolutely delighted that her snowsuit was pink! It was so cute. I had to laugh though, because all I could think was well of course it's pink you wore it last year and it was pink then (yes, it still totally fits!)...and then it dawned on me that she doesn't remember last year, she's still young enough that things like that haven't stuck yet, she was only 2 last year (two!) so of course she wouldn't remember. So it's like it's a new suit- so fun really. Things like this strike me every now and then, because I forget how young Annabel is and how she has yet to develop the capability to have memories, like this one, truly stick...and that will change soon, but for now, I forget that she doesn't remember just yet. Anyway, it felt pretty great to present my daughter with a snowsuit in her favorite color...again! (I suppose the thanks ought to go out to Aunt Rose and Uncle Brad, again, because they're the ones who gave her this snowsuit!)
So, yes, the kids were out shoveling and tackling that snow for all it was worth that day, even if it was just in the grass! They can't wait for more snow that they can actually shovel...they really wished this snow stuck on the driveways!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment