Saturday, January 17, 2015

Just Me and My Girl...More Sledding Fun!

I had the idea to take just Annabel sledding one day, since she seems to last a little longer than her brother lately, and we have more days to fill as well while Daniel is in school. Yesterday the temps were in the mid 30's (so "warm!")  and we still had a lot of snow left, so I grabbed the opportunity and off we went! Annabel was SUPER excited that I would be taking her sledding while Daniel was in school- she thought this was just the best! We sure had a BLAST! This girl. She's fearless. Nothing fazes her (even the few accidental roll-offs she did, she'd just get back up and go again- never a tear!) And man, she has stamina! We went up and down the hill well over a dozen times, perhaps a dozen and half- seriously!, in the hour or so that we were sledding. And she's so sweet- every time I'd go down after her, she'd run over to me and give me the biggest hug! My heart was so full after our little outing- so many hugs, such love. It was just so sweet. Oh I love her to bits. And she's just so cute and she was such a delight to take sledding, drawing pictures in the snow (a sun, which became a flower, letters, a "sled" which she then "got in" and basically wiggled all over and screamed like it was a real sled...she's so funny!), scooting on her bottom to pretend to sled, telling me we had to watch out for "achother"- "I watch out for you and you watch out for me!", organizing sledding runs "at the same time as me" (I had been going after her so as not to crash and so I could watch out for her, and it's hard for her to stop herself and go at the top- it was easier for me to hold her and let her go, give her a push if needed), and mostly, she just wanted to keep going and going, walking up that hill on her own every time, chatting away, holding my hand sometimes, bopping up the hill as cute as can be. We just had the BEST time! I'm so glad I took her out sledding, such brave girls we were, just the two of us.


















No comments: