So it occurred to me, around mid-October, that Annabel was getting to be exactly the age Daniel was when we brought her home...I had counted it out and that exact date was October 30th. I realize that's come and gone now (I was just too busy to actually post this thought for the day on that date!)...in any case, this thought gave me some pause, a soft "wow," a deep breath...it's strange to think of Annabel being as old as Daniel was when she was born. I think of where we were at this point with Daniel then- what he liked, what he played with, who he was to us then, how young he looked then- and where we were in our life with a new baby in the house, how life had newly stretched out in front of us then with a new road in front of us, so many unknowns again, another little person to meet and get to know, and I think of where we are now with two wonderful busy amazing children and just "wow," I soak it all in! My heart gushes with joy and love every minute of the day...and I simply cannot believe how lucky we are to have two wonderful children that complete our family in ways I could not have imagined! And sweet little Annabel made a heart for me for just this occasion, you'll see...as if she knew what was on my mind. My babies, my life...simply wonderful, my heart is quite content.
That was then...
This is now...
No comments:
Post a Comment