Well, on the day we carved our pumpkins, you'll recall we had the kids draw how they wanted their jack-o-lantern face to look, which Annabel loved doing and really did quite well, too...and then Annabel proceeded to draw her first person ever on the next sheet of paper! And then again seventeen!!! (I kid you not) times, yes, that's seventeen pieces of paper with a person drawing on them! I love my little collection of Annabel's first people drawings. It was so cute to watch her "person" evolve over the next 20 minutes or so (she even drew a few of these people literally sideways, with her paper horizontal- that's pretty good spatial stuff there, I think!)- first her person was a head with stick legs, then on the next paper or so she added stick shoes at the bottom of the stick legs, then she changed the shoes to be circles at the bottom of the legs on the next sheet, then she added circles for toes and then circles for shoes (Annabel even told us what color the shoes were- pink, black, whatever color came to mind), and of course the face was done with smiles eyes nose and ears, and finally on her last person she kept scribbling all over narrating "face, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, chin, neck, scarf, shirt, legs, toes, shoes" and so on naming all the parts she could quickly think of that needed to be on a person. It was the cutest thing ever! Annabel even started naming her people- Bella, Kaleb, Brian, Dilah (Delilah), Asher, Daniel, Mommy, Grandma, and so on. Best 20 minutes ever! I was such a proud and delighted momma!
My cute little artist hard at work!
Annabel's first face!
Annabel's first person!
She was even drawing people sideways!
I scanned a few of Annabel's drawings for you- click them if you want to see them bigger!
This one was drawn sideways...pretty good!
Annabel's super complete person with the chin, scarf, shirt, etc. etc.!!
I even have a video for you!!



.png)
.png)
.png)


No comments:
Post a Comment