We had a lunar eclipse this past Sunday night, the night my family got back from camping. Thankfully we had a clear night. (We've had such crazy cloudy chilly weather, we haven't seen the sun in ages, so this was lucky!) It was 5 degrees outside however. I enjoyed it from the skylight in the family room. Ben kindly went out and took pictures for me. They turned out really cool actually so I thought I'd share. Daniel wanted us to wake him for the eclipse (which was at its peak at 11 PM) but when I went in to wake him, he said no. Of course the next morning, he did not remember this and was mad, but we showed him pictures. Actually, the redness was not visible as such I thought (this picture was with the help of camera settings), so he didn't miss too much in my opinion, but I felt bad- I guess I should have worked harder to wake him up! And Annabel was mad I didn't try her- but she was so sick and miserable that night after her super busy weekend wiped her out, I wanted her to rest. But mad she was, too. I couldn't win, could I? But I did get awesome pictures thanks to my wonderful husband!
11:25
11:59
This reminded me of the "diamond ring" effect of the
solar eclipse from August 2017.
No comments:
Post a Comment