Last time they went camping the kids were bummed they didn't go two nights, so this time we made sure they went for two nights. And given all the things this camp offered for them to do, it was a good thing they did because this way they could get up and get started and fit everything in! They really had a good time. They did horseback riding (Annabel only), made candles (which were far more impressive than we expected since they had people carving them after the kids dipped them in many colors, too!), went to the rifle range, did archery, went rock climbing (indoors- Annabel only), went down the "black hole" slide (a black tube you literally sled down), and of course played in the snow a bunch. So many fun things to try!
I enjoyed my quiet weekend. I built my Lego Pop-Up Book set (it's really an awesome set!), read an entire book, watched four movies (went to one with my mom- The Green Book which was SO good, rented one, and watched another two I had), made my own yummy roasted veggie dinner (which the kids barely eat anyway- so, perfect for just me!), shoveled my driveway (we got about six inches of snow overnight that Friday night they were gone, they got a few inches of snow, too, but not as much as we did; there was already a fair amount of snow there anyway), went to a book sale and filllled up a bag with books, and of course snuggled my kitties. I'm looking forward to the Spring Camping Trip already, haha. Actually, I really missed my kids. They had no cell service, so I totally panicked when I didn't hear they'd arrived safely (I tried really hard to be okay with this, which was HARD!), but Ben figured out the WiFi late that first night so then I was getting emails with pictures and that was SO fun!
The kids came home Sunday with lots of stories to tell AND we still got to enjoy a day off together, since Monday was a day off of school. Daniel took lots of pictures and videos with his GoPro again, too (I haven't uploaded those yet though), so he had fun showing me all the things on there. I had fun telling them my stories, too- that Lego set is seriously amazing and it was hard to wait all weekend to show them! My funny story was that when I went to the movie with my mom and we were leaving at the end, we saw Mary Kay and Larry leaving, too- we'd all been in the same movie theater! Too funny. So, Sunday was a fun day reconnecting and sharing stories of our fun weekend adventures!
Ben and the kids are really glad they went on this camping trip and they are already asking when the Spring camping trip is! So fun!
Enjoy the pictures!
Top bunks!!
Ready for horseback riding!
Getting on!
SO cute!!
Look at her concentrating- love it!
Pretty ride! She did great. Ben and Daniel walked alongside her, which I love- so they were all together and Annabel was riding her horse on her own (rather than be led around by somebody off a ways from the boys)- it's nice that it could be something they could enjoy together.
Check out this adorable video!!
Archery time! Annabel did it, too, but Ben was helping her so there are no pictures. She is looking forward to doing the park district's archery when she turns 8!
The black hole slide! So fun!
Watch the track in the back- that's the one Daniel will come out of.
Now watch the one in the front! And listen!
The rifle range! Whoa.
Candle making! So cool!
Indoor rock climbing for Annabel!
Hey look- Ziggy's name by the rock climbing wall!!! How cool is that!
The kids think this video is funny. And it kind of is. Though it must have hurt my poor baby!
This one is a much better run!! Look at her go!! So impressive!
There she goes- so steady!
Alllll the way down the hill!!
Pictures around the grounds of the camp.
The bullet slide looked awesome but it was closed due to icing over.
They each made another candle before coming home on Sunday!
On the road out of the campgrounds, they saw deer! Three of them! So fun!
Such a great weekend for them!






































No comments:
Post a Comment