Monday, October 27, 2014

Boo at the Zoo 2014!

After we painted windows this past Saturday morning, we headed straight to Boo at the Zoo! It was really busy, but with such gorgeous weather- 73 degrees!!!- who cares? It was a Fall day meant to be spent outside! We had a wonderful time there!

The bears were given pumpkins for their enrichment of the day, though we were slightly late for that and the pumpkins were already well smashed. Still, it was fun to see the bears poking at what was left of the pumpkins by the time we saw them. They were so cute.

The kids had fun checking out all the costumes (if I never see an Elsa again it'll be too soon!!! Ugh. Enough! So boring. Dreading Halloween for that reason alone. I know, I know- call me an old lady. But seriously!) Anyhoo, it really was fun to see everybody else all dressed up- so many creative ideas and people out there. We wore our festive Halloween shirts to join the fun in that way, but didn't mess with costumes. Sorry- no costume peeks yet!

We ate a picnic lunch, played on the playground, saw animals (the baby dolphin was out today! SO cute!), played at the play zoo building, watched a pumpkin smashing, watched the pumpkin carver, and just had a great day wandering around. We were there for over three hours. Such a fun day! And I still can't get over how perfect the weather was- you really never know what to expect with Fall weather in October these days! We'll take it!

You'll find this oh-(not)so-charming and morbid perhaps, but it was kinda funny and clever, too- it is Halloween after all!- Daniel wanted me to take a picture of him posed like this "laying here dead."


Cute, albeit squinty-eyed, pictures of Daniel in the "graveyard." He had the most fun posing next to various tombstones and for this camera shy guy to actually pose and smile for me, I'll take 'em!
Also, check out Daniel's awesome new Halloween shirt- he's worn it pretty much non-stop since I found it at Old Navy a few weeks back- he loves it and loves to show it to everybody!




It was cute to watch the sloth bears poke at the remains of their pumpkins.


Fun at the park!


The kids posed next to their favorite pumpkins!



This kids wanted to run through this tunnel in the garden next to the play zoo building...but it was occupied...by the baby peacocks!


Peek-a-boo!


I couldn't choose one, so I made a collage...I adore all of Annabel's cute expressions. Classic Annabel- such a doll. Love.


Daniel played at this table setting up the small zoo animals for the longest time. It was so sweet to watch him.


Sand table fun!


Here's a cute video of Annabel talking on the phone to Daddy in the "director's office" of the play zoo building. Love!


Bye bye see you later!

No comments: