I kept this party low-key, no schedule, just chat, have fun and play (Uncle Jason brought his really awesome super fast remote control car which the kids had fun taking turns to drive outside in our grass) and do presents when the kids were finally ready (Daniel was once again totally calm and sweetly 6 years old! I loved it! Annabel had quite the entourage helping her hand presents to Daniel!), brownies were the treats after presents (I was SO done with cake by the end of the week, I knew I would be- so we'd convinced Daniel to have something else at this party and brownies won!), and then of course new presents were opened and put together or tried on or played with. Everybody had a great time and we were very happy everybody could come for a few hours to celebrate with us!
Daniel has had the most fun with all his presents- he sure got a lot of fun stuff! Thank you everybody for such fun things! Daniel built all the new Legos pretty much on his own (Ben really missed being able to help him- but he was super independent, only needed me a few times while Daddy was working, and he was so proud of doing all this on his own! Way to go, buddy!) and within two days, too- he was all done by Tuesday (party was Sunday). He even set up all the new Legos together into a Lego city on the dresser in his room- he's super proud of this city. It's really cute; he's so clever as always. We've all been playing the new games and we've enjoyed watching the new Scooby Doo movie and we're reading our new chapter books. And now that we've spent the gift cards Daniel received- he bought a Scooby Doo haunted house, something his heart was set on, he was SO excited to finally be able to get this!- I think it's safe to say we can move on from birthdays! Here comes Halloween!
While I'm on 6th birthday events- Daniel did also have his 6-year well-visit with the doctor last week, too- he gained 6 lbs in a year! WOOHOO! For him, that's amazing! And he grew 2 inches- also pretty awesome! So he weighs 33.5 lbs and he's 40.5 inches tall- he's growing steadily, with great progress. Now to test that milk allergy...please help us cross fingers we've finally outgrown this!
Here are some pics of our birthday party fun!
Hanging spider decorations!
Daniel was so excited to show everybody how his new Hot Wheel track works!
Annabel kept sneaking M&M's out of the trail mix bowl!
Driving Jason's super fast remote control car!
Time to be a dog again- hunting for dog bones!
Present time! Daniel sat in his chair again...it seemed to be his special birthday spot!
Annabel and her entourage getting presents to hand to Daniel!
Annabel sat in Bella's lap...so cute.
Love the legs sticking out!
Jason took some pictures, too- thank you, Jason!
Sweet picture of Daniel's excitement at a Scooby Doo game!
I love this expression of Daniel's- it's his all-knowing look- this time he was saying, "I really wanted this pilot costume!" It was so sweet and so cute.
SO excited to get more Legos!!
A new Scooby Doo movie he's NEVER seen before?!!! This is one happy boy!
I love this picture because I love that I was the first person he looked at when he opened this present- as if to say, "Mom, isn't this great?!" Being that first thought as a mom is just the sweetest.
This present was practically bigger than Daniel's reach!
Treat time!
Waving away the smoke!
Those adorable monster mouths again!
Daniel tries on the pilot costume...so cute! It's been a popular item around here lately!
I think just about everybody took a turn playing this Scooby Doo fishing game!
Daniel and Bella built his new Spiderman Lego set!
Later, when everybody left, Daniel and Daddy set to work on building yet another Lego set, while Annabel and I played games. While I was setting one game up, Annabel decided to read this book to Cole- she's holding it up so he can see it.
Annabel tried the pilot costume on, too!
Here's Daniel's Lego city that he put together on his dresser. These are just a few of the Legos he got for his birthday...not all of them are pictured, of course! We can't wait to help him make this city bigger...but we're gonna need some more space I think!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment